SO today when we were updating the Bullets Fever page over at The Mothering Hut we were very excited to uncover some: Awesome Nils Lofgren Fun Facts!!!!
1. DO you remember those commercials in the early 80s for Jhoon Rhee Karate??? Jhoon Rhee was the chop shop run by the Moonies! I took classes at their Rockville Pike location but just as i was about to get my yellow belt my mom pulled me right out of the graduation ceremony cause it turned out to also be a mass wedding!
Anywayz, remember that awesome jingle "NOBODY BOTHERS ME!"?????
Well guess who wrote and sang that??
Thats right, NILS LOFGREN!!!!!
2. NILS LOFGREN IS HALF-ITALIAN and HALF-SWEDISH!
Like Jaarko uased to say when he worked as a greeter at the Stocklholm Olive Garden:
"When you're here, you're slakt!" (TM)
Bullets Fever is def. from his Italian side! while his Swedish side maybe wrote the Jhoon Rhee jingle!
3. Bullets Fever was Phil Chenier's Wedding song! (Weddings 2 and 4)
4. NILS LOFGREN is a different NILS LOFGREN than the NILS LOFGREN who was a scientist who invented the drug Xylocaine in the 1940!
Its a common mistake, especially since Xylocaine had the street name "Uncle Wes"
5. NILS LOFGREN'S AWESOME VIDEO "SECRETS IN THE STREET" was just bought by MoMA for $12 Million!!!
Smart move MoMA! One day when people ask in arthistory books "so what about the 80s??" and this will be the only entry that is needed to tell the tale!!
In the video Nils stars as a typical 80s guy: an urban rebel/romantic street troubadour, and the parents think he is trouble but his only trouble is his heart and his dreamz for they are electric and he will reach those dreamz because he has his "secret in the street" which r his magic shoes: glo in tha dark Etonics that make him do amazing gymnastics, and get on the Footloose foot and cure blind men!!!! He is a tousled fashion forward buccaneer, like a SUnset Drive New-Jack Jack Sparrow whos headin down for a drink at St Elmos Fire after killing at an audition for Billy Hicks's band The New Breed!
Interesting coincidnece: "The SEcrets In The STreet" was also the title of a memo that Wes Unsled sent to Abe Pollin a few years ago when Ledell Eackles escaped from Abe's clandestine In Vitro Eugenics Farm!
"SECRETS IN THE STREET" would surely be the greatest video ever made if not for THIS VIDEO:
6. NILS LOFGREN PLAYS BULLETS FEVER UNPLUGGED AT A SWEDISH SUICIDE PREVENTION CHARITY PICNIC!!!! Yes, thats really him